Ever felt like giving up as you don’t seem to be making any progress? Want to make a decision, but don’t feel you are up to it?
Maybe you are losing patience as you are not getting to where you would like to be quick enough?
Don’t worry – you are not alone!
Today we are going to being talking about courage and courageous steps, including –
- What is Courage?
- 7 Quotes on Courage
- Every Courageous Step Counts
- What are Courageous Steps?
- Remembering Your Courage
However, you have to remember the steps you have taken to get to where you are today. Before we discuss those, let’s talk make sure we are on the same page about courage.
What is Courage?
There are many definitions of courage including –
- “the ability to do something that frightens one; bravery,” and “strength in the face of pain or grief.” ~ Google
- “the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; bravery.” ~ Dictionary.com
- “the ability to control your fear in a dangerous or difficult situation” and “to be brave and confident enough to do what you believe in” ~ Cambridge Dictionary
- “The ability to do something that frightens one; bravery” ~ Oxford Dictionaries
- “mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty” ~ Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- “The state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.” ~ The Free Dictionary
- The Latin origin of cor means ‘heart’ and middle English denotes the heart, as the seat of feelings.
So looking at the definitions of courage, would you agree it would be useful to have some courage in your toolkit for your life, career/business and your relationships?
7 Quotes on Courage
Following are 7 of my favourite quotes on courage –
- “Courage doesn’t always roar.Sometimes courage is the silent voice at the end of the day that says ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” ~ Mary Anne Radmacher
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” ~ Walt Disney
- “You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort, but you cannot choose both.” ~ Brené Brown
- “Courage is more exhilarating than fear and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The best way out is always through.” ~ Robert Frost
- “Courage is moving forward even when you feel afraid.” ~ Joyce Meyer
Every Courageous Step Counts –
Sometimes life can be challenging and you can feel as though you are not getting any where. However you have to remember that every courageous step counts and if you “Take small steps every day and one day you will get there.” ~ Unknown.
What are Courageous Steps?
Courageous steps are small actions that take you outside your comfort zone. Some examples of courageous steps or actions could be –
- being honest with yourself;
- apologising to someone you hurt;
- asking for help;
- forgiving someone who has hurt you;
- going on a trip;
- creating personal boundaries for yourself;
- starting something new;
- believing in yourself for the first time;
- learning to love again;
- learning to say “yes” and “no” when you really mean it;
- speaking up for yourself or a cause you believe in;
- walking away from gossip or negativity; or
- following your heart.
I hope this post has given you some insight in to what is courage and ideas about taking courageous steps.
If you are ready to take yourself on the adventure of getting to know yourself (your true self), why not join the Toolkit? A place where I share tools, inspiration and ideas to live a courageous and openhearted life.