In the midst of all of the external chaos and pressures – the striving to do your best, the control, wearing masks of perfectionism and pleasing others – you have forgotten you are worthy.
You have forgotten you are Whole. Enough. Resilient. Loveable. Brave. Capable. Creative. Courageous and have needs.
Well that was my story anyway, until I decided to commit to myself, take time out to reflect and reclaim my own power and sovereignty over my life during the past few years.
What Does Reclaim Mean?
Reclaim has a couple of definitions, however when I use reclaim I refer to it as –
- “retrieve or recover (something previously lost, given, or paid); obtain the return of” ~ Google and Oxford Dictionaries
- “to restore to a previous natural state” ~ Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- “to take back something that was yours” ~ Cambridge Dictionary
What is Power?
The word “power”comes from the Latin word “posse”, which means “be able”. There are many definitions of power, including –
- “the ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way,” or “the capacity or ability to direct or influence the behaviour of others or the course of events.” ~ Google
- “Ability to act or produce an effect.” ~ Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- “Capability of doing or accomplishing something.” ~ Dictionary.com
- “The ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way.” ~ Oxford Dictionaries
After reading these definitions on power, what does it mean to you? I also refer to power as is “power-with” not “power-over”.
Need some further clarification? Maybe the following 5 quotes can help…
5 Quotes on Power and Empowerment
The following 10 quotes relate to power and empowering yourself –
- “Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” ~ Tao Te Ching
- “Most powerful is he who has himself in his own power.” ~ Seneca
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker
- “Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.” ~ Elie Weisel
- “You see what power is, holding someone else’s fear in your hand and showing it to them.” ~ Amy Tan
Now we are on the same page about reclaiming and power, let’s discuss sovereignty!
What is a Sovereign?
A Sovereign is –
- “a person who has supreme power or authority.” ~ Dictionary.com
- “a supreme ruler, especially a monarch” ~ Google
- “having the highest power or being completely independent” ~ Cambridge Dictionary
- “Self-governing; independent” ~ The Free Dictionary
What is Sovereignty?
There are many definitions of Sovereignty, including –
- “supreme power or authority” ~ Google and Oxford Dictionary
- “the power or authority to rule” ~ Cambridge Dictionary
- “the quality or state of being sovereign, or of having supreme power or authority” ~ Dictionary.com
5 Quotes on Sovereignty
- “Sovereignty is the supreme power to self govern and it is the core of a life lived well‘ ~ Christina Pratt
- “Sovereignty is not given, it is taken.” ~
- “Sovereignty unconditionally belongs neither to the people of the nation nor to some supernatural power but to the human mind, to the science and to the high ethical values!” ~
- “If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them.” ~
- “The sovereignty of one’s self over one’s self is called Liberty.” ~ Albert Pike
What does sovereignty mean to you?
Ready to Reclaim Your Power and Sovereignty Over Your Own Life?
Ready to reclaim and reconnect to your power and BE the sovereign of your own life? BE the sovereign of your life and focus on your –
Personal Growth by connecting with your thoughts, feelings and actions you are making from moment to moment.
Self-Management by knowing where responsibility begins and where it ends, clarifying your needs in a relationship and allowing people to see responsibility for themselves and to others.
Career / Business by encompassing by embracing what you love, what you are good at, what the world needs and what people will pay you for.
Money and Finances by knowing where you are on the continuum between enoughness and scarcity. Remembering that an enoughness mentality is grateful, whilst a scarcity mentality is ungrateful, an enoughness mentality knows there is enough for everyone and a scarcity mentality doesn’t think there is enough and an enoughness mentality is focused on trust and a scarcity mentality is focused on fear.
Giving / Contribution and Community by recognising how you are really giving and contributing to your community and then making any adjustments that you desire.
Intimate Relationship by knowing who you are and being true to your own personality and character and how you see yourself in relation to self-compassion and making any tweaks as required. For example – what do you say to yourself when you make a mistake? Do you treat yourself as well as you treat your friends? Or do you find you are a little critical towards yourself?
Health, Body and Movement by being grateful and respectful towards your body. Every day your body completes so many functions for you, however how much do you truly connect with it and appreciate it? How much do you respect your body?
Living Space / Physical Environment by having a clear and de-cluttered environment – yes your home, workspace and car. How long does it take to find things? What does a clear and de-cluttered space mean to you?
Confidence / Emotional Awareness by moving from self-doubt to genuine self-confidence and being aware of your emotional needs. How confident and emotionally awareness are you with the steps you are taking in your life?
Family / Friends by being real and authentic in your relationships. Are your relationships based on trust, respect, love and kindness?
Leisure / Fun by doing what you love so much that the words failure and success essentially become irrelevant. How fierce is your trust in that love? Ready to take action towards it?
Travel / Holidays when was the last time you had a holiday?
If this sounds like something you are interested in, why not join us in Whole-Hearted Connection? Each day we move from knowing these things are important to taking action and BEing more of them.